The Early Years
DF Signs & Graphics was established in 1937 by David’s father, Hal Flynn. Within several years, Hal moved his small sign making company to Long Beach, California
In the early 40s, Hal worked with McDonnell Douglas (now The Boeing Company), the Long Beach Naval Shipyard (now Pier T Container Terminal), and partnered with Gordon Smith who worked directly with Disneyland and their signage development in the mid-50s.
Hal Flynn also worked with Glen Bell, the founder of Taco Bell and helped Century 21 Real Estate in the beginning years.
Changing of the Guard
In 1975, David Flynn took over operations for DF Signs & Graphics and has run the company for over 35 years.
Today, DF Signs & Graphics is a leader in the sign industry with extensive knowledge and experience in sign design, sign fabrication, and installation for a myriad of sign types and sign projects. DF Signs & Graphics are sign industry experts in materials, material application, fabrication, project cost-savings, theme-signage, and building and electrical signs. They possess the desired California C-45 Sign Contractor’s License – a must for companies working on electrical signage.
DF Signs & Graphics is also a project problem-solver for areas needing special attention. For over 35 years, they have successfully completed numerous projects including:
- Wayfinding — for airports, pier terminals, universities and healthcare facilities
- Directionals — for airports, pier terminals, universities, retail shopping, and healthcare facilities
- Wall Directories — for office buildings, luxury high-rise condominiums, colleges, and non-profit entities
- Building Identification — for retail and commercial spaces, design agencies, and healthcare facilities
- Electrical, Architectural, ADA & Graphics — channel letters, blade signs, overhead signage, sign monuments, architectural signage, electronic message centers (EMCs), cast metal products, custom laser-cut letters, fiberglass embedded graphic signs, kiosks, ADA compliant signs, and dozens of others
DF Signs & Graphics company has working relationships with healthcare facilities such as Community Hospital of Long Beach, Hoag Hospital, Saint Mary’s Medical Center, and others.
With over 35 years of creating sign projects, our list of completed projects includes: Cabrillo Marine Aquarium (San Pedro, CA), Sunset Gower Studios (Hollywood, CA), Edison International (Rosemead, CA), California Lottery (Sacramento, CA), Salvation Army Corporate Office, California State University, Dominguez Hills (CSUDH, Rancho Dominguez, CA), and many, many others.
DF Signs & Graphics also understands environmental graphics and architectural sign design and how it must fit a particular project.
Leader and sign maker-extraordinaire, David Flynn understands the sign business and how to achieve optimal results for his clients and customers. “Trustworthy, friendly, and committed to the job” is often how Dave Flynn is described.
From their offices in Huntington Beach, California, they also serve Orange County, Los Angeles County, and all of Southern, California. As David likes to say, “We go where the signs are needed!”
Call Today for a Quote at 562-760-3161
Meet Our Team
Roxanne Gonzales Ochoa